Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Where does the time go??

One of the biggest cliches people love to say when you start a family is, "It goes by so fast".  But its one that couldn't be more true.  This "phenomenon" has hit Brad and I like a ton of bricks the last few days.  Especially when we look at Blake.  Yes, there seem to be days that never end.  Those days filled with sleepless nights, wiping noses (among other things), teething and then tantrums. But when you look back on those days, the weeks, gosh...the years, it really is gone in the blink of an eye.  And it kind of makes you want to cry a bit.  The moments are fleeting.  Yesterday it seems I was dancing around the living room with newborn Blake snuggled to my chest singing "You are my sunshine" to help soothe him during a crying fit.  He ended up falling asleep in my arms.  And today, my first born, who of course will always be my baby, is no longer a baby at all.  When Brad and I have looked at Blake the last few days and see this BOY, we are just wondering when it happened.  When did he become a full fledged person??  A person with opinions and a sense humor.  A person that is so bright and considerate.  I look at this boy and my heart just bursts with pride and love.  Today, Brad and I are his world.  We (especially Brad) hung the moon in his eyes.  We are "cool".  He wants to "hang" with us.  He'll even still hold my hand!  But in what will seem like tomorrow he'll be too cool for that. Tomorrow he'll be hanging with his own friends.  So today I will soak it in.  Today I will cherish the moments I get with both my babies.  Even the tantrums.  

Blake baby

Brady Baby

No comments:

Blog Archive