Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, January 31, 2014

Life Lately...a lot of stuff I'm loving

January has been pretty boring.  But not in a bad way.   Just nothing really exciting has happened. But on the flip side nothing really bad has happened either, just livin life.  And I'm totally cool with that!! 

A few weekends ago I met some girlfriends for dinner which meant Brad had a guys only night.  They went to dinner and hung out and when I got back home the boys were fast asleep, but I discovered remnants of their evening and it made my heart melt....


Nothing like a daddy to show you how to make paper airplanes.  So precious.  And notice the little ninja turtle figure on one of the planes, lol.  

The next day Blake was invited to a classmate's birthday party, which meant Brady would be left out.  I took Blake to the party and Brad had some one on one time with Bray Bray.  They went to the park and Brad took these pics of my most joyous child.  Such incredible zest for life this guy has.  Love.

 (The guy behind Brady really creeps me out by the way.)


Been so nice having beautiful days on the weekends and lots of nice fun parks to explore.  We've been park hopping over the weekends and the boys love getting to experience different ones.  I just LOVE spending time together as a family.  My favorite.

A few weeks ago on like a Tuesday Brad texted me asking me out on a "date" for that Saturday night.  I love love love how after all these years Brad still romances me.  We didn't have a sitter, so we had a date night at home after the boys went to bed.  Romantic comedy, bubbly and dessert, snuggled up on the couch.  I made this new dessert.  Nutella whoopie pies and we about died over the goodness.  You all need these in your life stat.





On the weekends Brad and I like to attempt sort of sleeping in.  The boys are at an age where they can wake up, watch cartoons or be strongly encouraged to play quietly during the early hours.  Some mornings this works and some not so much.  But one morning I woke up to find these two curled up together playing on daddy's phone.  Oh, how I love their brotherly love.



Sometimes, ok, a lot of times, I complain about our dog Darcy.  I get tired of dog hair errwhere, walking her every day, being the one that gets up early to feed her, dealing with accidents, etc.  But I do truly love her.  Especially when I catch her curled up being a sweet girl.



Last night Blake found a head band I had put on to keep my long bangs out of my face while I worked out and put it on his head and said, "I'm going for a jog around the block."  I died laughing.  
Then Brady chimed in that he was going for a jog as well.  So, Brad put his running shoes on and took the boys on a jog around the block.  Love.


Blake is a pretty well rounded boy.  He loves and excels in sports, he plays the piano incredibly well for a five year old and he's really awesome in school and loves learning.  His teacher has just recommended him for the gifted and talented program and we are really super duper proud of this guy.  He really truly loves and enjoys learning.  And I love that about Blake.  He came home yesterday demanding that we reenact a science experiment they did at school.  The last thing I wanted to do when we had finished eating and needed to clean dishes and get lunch packed for the following day and get ready for bed, etc. etc.  But I am trying to learn to not always be a "no" mom and love that Brad is more of a "yes" dad to bring that out of me.  So, science experiment we did at 7:00 last night!



No comments:

Blog Archive