Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jones Family Update

Brad's World
Brad has been staying very busy with his new job (which he's really enjoying), playing hockey (a lot), going to school and of course being a doting husband and taking care of me and baby!

Brooke's World
I've been staying busy as well, with work and with the increased nesting instinct that is taking over. The last few weekends I've managed to clean out my closet, organize a truckload to take to Goodwill and reorganize my dresser drawers. This weekend I will be taking a break from all household projects and will be enjoying the most amazing valentines present from my parents, a manicure/pedicure and pregnancy massage. I can not wait. After the stressful week at work this week it will be especially appreciated. The rest of the weekend will be spent with Brad and I celebrating Valentines together, which I'm really looking forward to. More details on our plans after the weekend.

Baby's World
I am now in my 27th week of pregnancy which means only 13 weeks until my due date...ahhhh! Its a little scary to think how fast that date will arrive, but so exciting at the same time. Brad and I are becoming more and more anxious to meet our son and to hold him in our arms. I think I'm becoming a little more anxious for him to arrive, but for different reasons than Brad...the baby is starting to make his momma very uncomfortable. I really think my belly is growing by the day. Every time I look in the mirror my belly is bigger! Its obvious that because belly is growing, baby is definitely growing...and bumping and pushing on my insides is at times kind of painful. He is still EXTREMLEY active and I'm feeling him throughout the entire day and night. But I don't want to sound like I'm complaining too much here, because while it may hurt, feeling him move still is comforting as I know he's still doing okay. I went to the doctor yesterday and the heartbeat sounded great and still measuring right on track. I got the pleasure of downing some orange tang to test for gestational diabetes. I should get those results back hopefully tomorrow and hopefully is good news on that front. I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now! Next week is the start of my 3rd trimester and I'm excited to reach that milestone. With time passing by faster and faster Brad and I are in full baby preparation mode! We worked a little more on the nursery the other night and thanks to my wonderful Aunt and Nana will have a rocking chair to add to the fold one day next week. And with my baby shower next month we should get blessed with lots of other goodies to make the nursery complete. As you can see below, I've certainly blossomed since the last photo....

27 Weeks

No comments:

Blog Archive