Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Joys of Daycare

Well, Blake has reached another first, although this one is nothing to celebrate. After only one week at daycare Blake picked up his first virus. Fortunately, Blake is still cooing and smiling and seems completely unfazed by the bug in his stomach. Mommy and daddy on the other hand are immersed in what seems like an endless number of icky diapers. We are all hoping this ends quickly and according to the doctor should be gone by the end of the weekend. I knew Blake would become more sick more often, being exposed to all the other babies and people in daycare, but I had no idea it would happen so quickly. I guess the positive that you have to take from the situation is his immune system will get built early in life possibly preventing many sick days once he starts school. Its been a rough week...with Blake being sick and just still trying to get used to being away from my baby all day and finding the energy to get through the days after not getting much sleep at night. I will keep repeating the mantra, "it will get easier, it will get easier". I'm sure some days and some weeks will be better than others, but this one I am more than ready to be over.

No comments:

Blog Archive