Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Rest of Our Time in Paris

Friday morning we started our day at Café de Flore and enjoyed a cup of coffee and croissants…yummmm.
Photobucket

We then went to the Arc de Triumph
Photobucket
which was beautiful and then walked along Champs de Elysee window shopping and by that point my pregnant feet (still reeling from the Eiffel Tower climb) needed a break and so I searched for a bench in the shade. I spotted in the middle of the busy shopping street, a park tucked away.
Photobucket
That is one thing I absolutely love about Paris...here and there in the middle of the city are hidden parks and gardens. I sat in the beautiful park/gardens and Brad and Tom grabbed us all crepes with Nutella from a nearby stand. After we were all a little more recharged, we then went to Sacre Coure, another amazingly beautiful site and view.
Photobucket
Photobucket
After Sacre Coure, we ate lunch and then went to the Louve. Wow. How else do you even describe the amazingness of the Louve. It is breathtaking from the outside and the inside was amazing as well. What an experience to see the Mona Lisa in person.
Photobucket
After the Louve we dined at one of the most amazing restaurants, La Soufflé, an amazing French restaurant with the most beautiful and delicious soufflés you could ever imagine.
Photobucket
Then to bed…

Saturday morning we again started our day with croissants and coffee and then went to Saint Chapelle. The stain glass was amazingly beautiful.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then next door to the Concierge, which was Marie Antoinette’s prison before she was beheaded.
Photobucket
Then we headed to Notre Dame. After touring the inside, I sat in a café while Brad and Tom waited in line to climb to the top of the dome of Notre Dame. I would have, but in my pregnant and injured state I was just not able to climb the number of stairs involved.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After they joined us and we ate lunch, we saw the Memorial for the Deportees of WWII
Photobucket
and then made our way to the Pantheon, which was again beautiful but harder to enjoy after I was just exhausted.
Photobucket
Photobucket
After napping we enjoyed a great last dinner in Paris. I was sad to say goodbye to Paris as I really enjoyed our whole experience there. I loved watching the people, I loved the architecture, the hidden gardens that filled the city, the sites, the overall romanticism of the city…. But I was also really looking forward to our time in Rome.

Sunday morning after our last experience there with coffee and croissant
Photobucket
we went shopping and walked through the Luxemburg gardens (again, can I say beautiful?!) before heading to the airport to make our way to Rome.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Blog Archive