Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Two Week Check-in

I can not believe two whole weeks have passed since Brady Austin was born! Each day passes ridiculously fast and sometimes I just want things to slow down a bit. Brad returned to work yesterday which was really sad for me because I've LOVED having his company and sharing in this wonderful time with him, but reality has to return at some point I suppose. Brady has continued to be such an amazing baby, sleeping when he should (for the most part) and only fussing when dirty or hungry (for the most part). The longest crying fit where I didn't know what was wrong with him lasted for about four minutes. See? Amazing baby! My personal recovery has been a night and day difference this time around as well. I have felt so great which has made me do a lot more than I should at times which then is followed by my body reminding me, "Umm, hellooo, you just gave birth, take it easy!" Brad's mom has been staying with us since a few days after we came home from the hospital and together her and Brad have been sentencing me to the couch or to bed instead of doing the load of laundry that I was trying to do. She's been a great help and I'm grateful to have her here.
One of my biggest fears of bringing in another baby into our family was Blake's reaction. Thoughts of this actually consumed much of my day close to Brady's arrival. I have been absolutely loving the stage Blake is at right now and he is the world's happiest little boy, full of such joy and smiles. I was terrified I was going to ruin all of that ray of sunshine that spews out of him and I felt horrible about it. But thankfully my fears have been completely unwarranted. Blake absolutely LOVES his brother. The first thing he wants to do when he gets home from school is find his baby brother and give him kisses. He gives him kisses and hugs all the time and constantly wants to know where he is and if he's okay. Last night he even found Brady's pacifier and brought it to Brady and tried to put it in his mouth (even though Brady was sound asleep!). Blake is the same ray of sunshine he's always been and my heart has never been fuller. To answer one of my friends who asked how life is with two boys...Life is GREAT!
Because Blake is constantly on the run, even inside our house, its been next to impossible to get a picture of Blake and Brady together. But last night as Brad was holding Brady, Blake wanted to join in the snuggles so I grabbed the camera before he ran off!

Photobucket

And here is a pic of Brady where it looks like he's smiling...

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive