Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Heart is a Million Times Full



(I was trying to snap a picture of Blake this morning and this is a second before he tackled me)

I know I am a very capable person. I'd like to think I'm a good mom. So why is it I always get a bit of anxiety when I find out Brad has plans taking him away from us for the day and its just me with both boys? What is the worst that could happen? They both melt down at the exact same time? So what? I can handle it. I need to let go of the what if's of the world and just learn to take things as they come and be confident in my abilities that I can handle whatever may come my way. Brad had a golf tournament he was playing in today and left this morning before the boys woke up. I've mentioned a time or two before on the blog that Blake is a daddy's boy through and through. When dad's around, I become chopped liver. At times it bothers me, but I try to not let it and I know its really a good thing. Brad's an amazing dad. Amazing. And Blake adores him. I am so grateful for that. And it also helps with having some of my attention needing to go to Brady...Blake doesn't get jealous of my divided attention. But when daddy's around, I don't get all the one on one quality time with Blake I would like. I don't get hugs and kisses thrown my way because those are reserved for daddy. Today was different. Today was mommy's day. And Blake embraced it with all his heart and now my heart is overflowing with love and happiness. I didn't know if I could handle taking both boys to the park without an extra set of hands, but I decided I was quite capable and threw my fears out the window. We half walked, half jogged to the nice park about a mile from the house. Brady was a little angel just hanging out while I got to play on the playground with Blake and kick around the soccer ball together. (Blake is a natural athlete already just like his daddy.) We played and played until we were both a little worn out and Blake didn't even put up a fight when it was time to head back to the house for lunch. We ate and then played some more and now both boys are napping. I got more hugs and kisses today than I normally get in a week and I bonded more with Blake than I have in a really long time. I couldn't love this smiley, giggly, silly, blonde hair, blue eyed boy any more...yup, my heart is a million times full!

1 comment:

Mark and Kristin said...

That picture is so awesome!

Blog Archive