Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, July 8, 2011

Two-Parter

Last weekend my parents graciously kept the boys for us over night so we could celebrate a good friend's 30th out on the town. My parents always try to do extra special activities with the boys when they keep them and I guess last Sunday they were feeling VERY ambitious...and BRAVE. They took the boys to the movie theater for the first time to see Cars 2. I was super excited for the boys, but to be honest I was very scared for my parents. But they did really well...made it through one hour and fifteen minutes of the movie. Not bad if you ask me! While they were at the theater my dad took the boys in to a photo booth, another first. I got a strip of some great photos but it also recorded their experience as well. Here is the link on you tube. Gotta love technology! What great grandparents these boys have!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjzHVGktz0

Today we went to the beach. Not a real beach but our neighborhood's Beach Club. June marked 8 years since Brad and I have lived in our house (where does the time go?) and our neighborhood has some great amenities, one being a Beach Club. In those 8 years, can you guess how many times we've been?? ZERO. We are so lame. But the only time we drove by it to think about it, it was MOBBED. So we never tried again, ha! But now that I'm home with the boys every day I really wanted to have a pool nearby that we could frequent this summer. Last night we got new ID cards made and hit up the "beach" this morning. It.was.AWESOME! The boys had sooo much fun swimming, playing on the spray ground and building sand castles. At one point I asked Blake if he was ready to go home and he said, "No, I want to stay at the beach." So cute. If you wonder where we'll be almost any given day the rest of the summer...the beach club is where we're at!!
Here is a pic of the boys taking a water/snack break.

Brady's shirt says Big Kahuna. Are these boys cute or what?!

1 comment:

Connie Bartley said...

I just watched the Photobooth video and was laughing out loud. Yes, grandparents will do anything with their grandkids. Too cute. Also, I wonder where they got their 'taste' for mexican food???? Hmmmm.

Blog Archive