Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Mommy Confession

I really and truly am loving the ages and stages Blake and Brady are in.  One part of why I'm loving this stage is the insatiable quest for knowledge.  Both of them are constantly wanting to learn and soak in everything around them like the sponges that they are.  However, I have to confess... sometimes?  It can wear.me.out!  Here is a little preview into our day as we drive in the car.  


Blake:  He's for some reason taken an interest in road signs.  He finds it necessary to point out every single sign he sees.  And I mean EVERY SINGLE SIGN.
"There's a blue sign with an H on it!  That means hospital!" "There is an orange sign.  That means construction!" "There's another orange sign!  That means construction again Momma!!"  "There's a yellow sign.  That means be careful!"  
You get the gist.  I never really realized just how many road signs there are out there.  But let me tell you...there are A LOT!


Brady:  Brady is in a phase where he asks, "What's that?" as he points to something.  He asks this over and over allllll day long.  In the car or out of the car.  He even does it for stuff he already knows just to be cute (because he is).  And if I ignore him, because for the love of god how many times can I tell him that thing on his shirt is a button, he will say "Momma, momma, momma, momma, momma, momma momma, maaaaa maaaaaa!"  And when I finally say, "What Brady?" He says, "What's that?!" (while pointing to his button)

So between the sign pointer outer and the constant what's that, I have to say I've never appreciated the rare times I find myself in the car alone more.   But, wanna know something else?  It's those times, in the silence, that I miss their sweet voices and laughter more than ever.  


No comments:

Blog Archive