Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, September 21, 2012

Just so I never forget...

Blake knows just how to push my buttons.  Sometimes I have to give myself a time out just so I can collect myself enough to not yell my head off.  But, on the flip side, Blake has THE kindest heart of anyone.  Ever.  And I adore this about my son.  Its a quality that is one of many reasons I'm so proud to be his momma.  Like when he came to a friend's aid at school, two years ago now, because another kid was picking on her.  Or when he stopped last soccer season to help up any of the kiddos that had fallen on the field.  Or how he is the first one to Brady's defense when I have to reprimand him.  If he ever feels like there is tension between others, he immediately tries to break it down.  He just wants everyone to be happy.  Always and always and he will do anything in his power to keep you that way.  Such a love.  Such a good egg this kid is.  Last night, Brad was reading bed time stories and I was finishing cleaning up the kitchen and I overheard Blake tell Brad, "When I grow up, I want to marry mama!"  And then I died from my heart bursting.  
Brad said, "Well, mama is already taken.  She's married to me."  And in turn Blake replied, "Then I'll marry grandma."  
What a love he is.

2 comments:

Mark and Kristin said...

I know someone else like that. Must be wear he gets it.... :)

Mark and Kristin said...

And by wear I mean where. Ok? Ok.

Blog Archive