Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Life Lately

Catch up post!!
Life has been cray-zee lately.  We've had end of year festivities with Blake ending pre-k. Family time. Friend time.  And I kind of started working a VERY part time gig.  EEK!

Blake's last day of school was busy.  In the morning they had donuts with dad and honored their daddy's for father's day.  So so sweet.  Blake was incredibly excited to take his dad to school with him.  Just like they did for mother's day, the kids had lots of homemade gifts they had worked on and gave to the dads.  They also showed a slideshow the teachers made from the school year and even used baby pictures of all the kids.  We got a copy and oh, how I cried.  Such bitter sweet emotions flooding my house these days.  When they first walked in, the dad's dress shirts were on the chairs that the moms had secretly given the teacher and the kids had drawn their dad's faces on paper plates and the dad's had to find their chair.  So creative and adorable.



One of the gifts from Blake.  At orientation before school even started, they traced all of our hands.  Had completely forgotten about it until Brad got his present!

Blake's teachers had also made a scrap book of the entire school year.  It is so awesome.  This is the first page inside the scrap book.  Its mind blowing how much Blake has grown since September and how much he's filled out!!  


And then a little after donuts with dad was splash day!  And snow cones!
Sweet Brady decided he wanted to stay dry and not participate in the water fun AND decided he'd be way cleaner in eating his snow cone!

We LOVE Blake's school and LOVE all the friends he's made this past year and it was very emotional to see it come to an end, especially since it means he's entering the big kid world of kindergarten in the fall.  But like I said, it is bitter sweet.  We are also so proud of Blake and can't wait to see all the exciting things to come for him this next year!

So... confession... I am a closet Taylor Swift fan.  I know I'm a grown woman and all, but I really like her new album.  Even the boys love her new album.  They belted out her songs all the way from Dallas to Colorado and back when we drove over Christmas.  And from things I've heard from people and stuff I've read she's a really great human being as well.  One of my besties remembered I had mentioned months ago I'd love to see her in concert.  Well, she let me know the week of the concert that we were going.  My friend has got the hookup and surprised me with tickets in her suite at Cowboys Stadium.  Such a fun girly night!  Such a fun show!  
View from our suite



And while I was busy having girl time, Brad, the best dad EVER, was busy having boy time.  He had an entire day with them.  Took them to Fry's to get parts to rebuild a computer, took them out to dinner and then to an FC Dallas game.  Blake was stoked to get to go again and Brady was beyond excited to get to go for his first time!  A few hours before game time the nastiest storms ever rolled in and my heart sank thinking they wouldn't get to go to the game.  Well, just as the game started the rain stopped.  HOORAY!  Here are the boys holding their treats getting ready to sit down.  And there is a rainbow in the background too!

Then came memorial day.  Such a great day.  We spent all day at my parents house.  We ate lunch, swam, we cooked out for dinner.  It was a blast and loved soaking up all the time with family.

I love that this guy always makes me smile.

Brady and I's selfie

And then this past weekend Brad's mom was in town and we made a visit to the mall.  Brady was excited that someone (grandma) finally put some money in one of these rides.

My parents got the boys a matching outfit and they were showing their brotherly love while modeling.  Love them oh.so.much.  

No comments:

Blog Archive