Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Blue Eyed Boy


Oh Mr. Blue Eyes, how do I love thee!  This boy challenges me on the daily.  Some days parenting Blake leaves me feeling like a parenting failure.  I wasn't patient enough.  I didn't discipline enough.  Maybe I was too rough.  etc. etc. etc. But this boy of mine is actually the truest example that I AM doing something or hopefully some things right.  He is happy and smart and has the most loving and beautiful heart of anyone I know.  I remember when I was pregnant with Blake someone said having a boy is awesome because boys looove their mommas.  I occasionally go back to that conversation and think that person was crazy.  Blake isn't a snuggler and he ADORES his dad.  He IDOLIZES his dad.  But I've had the realization how true that comment is.  Here are just a few examples of comments Blake makes on the daily to me....

"Momma, I want to marry you.  ~  Momma, you look beautiful today!  ~  Your eyes are so pretty! ~ I have the most beautiful mom in the whole world! ~ You smell good! ~ I love you so much, you are the best momma! ~ I want to live with my family forever!"  

Oh Blake!  My heart...you are my heart.  I know these days are fleeting and before I know it you'll be saying those things to a different girl.  Stay like this forever please!  I love you Mr. Blue Eyes!!

No comments:

Blog Archive