Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Random Thoughts...


  • Brady started a few weeks back out of nowhere going from calling me Momma to Mommy almost exclusively.  And I’m really loving it.  I seriously want to bottle that boy up and keep him like he is now, forever.  I still want to eat him up all.the.time.  And actually since I do, he’s told me he doesn’t do kisses anymore, only hugs.  *sigh*
  • A few weeks back when Blake was sick he missed one day, only ONE day of school.  He came back in class the following morning, I guess fairly close to the tardy bell, so most of the class was already in there.  His teacher e-mailed me to let me know when he walked in, the entire class stood up and started cheering.  First of all, I died laughing.  Second of all, wow, to have been that liked when I was in school.  Third of all, it makes my momma heart so happy that when he is away from me all day, he’s surrounded by kids that enjoy his presence and like him. 
  • Speaking of Blake’s teacher e-mailing me, I have to say I could not love the invention of e-mail any more than I do now that I have a kid in school.  When we were little and our parents had a question or needed to address something, they’d have to set up a conference time or write a handwritten note and send it with us to school and wait all day for a response.  Now we e-mail back and forth all the time.  I definitely try to be respectful of her time in the classroom and only e-mail when truly needed, but I love love love being able to e-mail Blake’s teacher. 
  • Brad and I had a night out with friends Saturday and it was good.  The end.
  • If a song comes on the radio Brady doesn’t want to listen to, he’ll say, “That song is inappropriate!”  And then I die from the cute.
  • I am not smarter than a kindergartner.  Blake solves math problems faster than me.  Addition, subtraction, you name it, and I’m not talking 1+1 people, I’m talking problems you have to carry numbers and he does it in his head in seconds.  Blake is reading at a first grade+ level, doing spelling tests each week his teacher does special for him that are at a second grade level.  Blake’s teacher flagged him to be tested for the gifted/talented program at school.  And he tested off the charts and was accepted into the program.  We are super proud of course.   But its funny because as smart as Blake is and as old as he may seem sometimes in what he says and how he looks, he is only FIVE.  And still acts like a five year old.  I want to be like really Blake?  You’re acting like a five year old right now!  Oh, wait…
  • Have you ever been to a party for your kids at Kid Mania?  The kids sure LOVE it, but I despise it.  Momma needed a drink after that place.
  • I love snow days.  I see mom’s all over the blogosphere complain about them and I know after like five straight snow days I’d be complaining too, but I really love one stray one here and there.  Staying in jammies all day with a fire going and just relaxin.  LOVE.

No comments:

Blog Archive