Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring Break

Unfortunately, our family suffered a loss a few days before the boys' spring break.  My grandmother (on my mom's side) passed away.  Losing a loved one is always a hard thing and while there were tears shed and sadness for sure, the silver lining was seeing a lot of our extended family that came in town for the funeral.  Of course it is not how we would choose to see each other, but was really nice to be able to all come together.  
Spending the weekend with my brother is always such a treat.  I started to cry when we said goodbye.  Its hard not seeing him often.  But at least technology allows us to talk pretty much every day!





The day after the funeral all of us gathered in my grandmother's room at the nursing home to go through her things.  It was bitter sweet going through all the memories and telling stories of things.  One of the "treasures" I took was a framed photo my grandmother had kept all these years.  It has always been one of my favorites too.  From the state ice skating championship at the Houston Galleria...

After Monday all the family was gone and we were left trying to fill our time with the rest of our spring break.  Tuesday was a beautiful beautiful day and so we headed to the Heard Museum and went on a hike.  We loved being outside and I loved the quality time with my boys.







Blake spent a lot of his time on break playing the piano as well.  This boy never ceases to amaze me.  He started composing his own song.  It blows me away.  He blows me away.  Here he is at work on his masterpiece. 

On Friday we headed to visit our good friend Kimmy!  Kim and her hubby had fallen in love with Odie back in the day and they knew when it was time for them to get a dog they would get a corgi.  They got a fluffy corgi last year I think?  Her name is Lizzie and reminds me SO much of Odie.  Well a few weeks ago they got a new corgi puppy.  His name is Simon and he is ADORABLE.  Me and the boys needed to meet Mr. Simon so we spent some time together.  The boys loved walking the doggies.






Friday night Brad had to log on to work for what was supposed to be a minor update and ended up turning in to a huge ordeal and he never went to sleep.  Shortly after the boys woke up Saturday, Brad was FINALLY able to lay down.  Poor guy.  So we let him sleep most of the day which was a big bummer and when he woke up it was pouring rain so we decided to head to the mall.  We actually had a great time.  Boys played on the playground, we got to eat at the food court, ride the carousel, do some shopping and eat pretzels.  And we got to do it all together which was just the best.  Love doing stuff as a family.  My favorite.  Perfect end to an up and down week.





No comments:

Blog Archive