Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Got Milk?

I was getting ready to leave work for the day and my cell phone rang. It was Blake's daycare. A little nervous, since you usually only get calls if your baby is sick, I answered. It was the director of Blake's school. Not good I think. Then she speaks the words you dread as a parent with your sweet baby away in daycare..."there was an incident involving Blake at school today." My heart sank and my mind started racing. To be honest I couldn't begin to tell you what long drawn out story she was telling me, I was just begging for her to get to the end so I could find out what happened to my Blake. So what was this dramatic incident that I had so built up in my mind? There was a mix up and Blake was given another baby's bottle. While, this is not something that I would like to have happened, I was incredibly relived that this was all that had gone on. I think the director of Blake's school needs a lesson in relaying information because I for sure thought it was something horrible. Blake drank the bottle without missing a beat and the only difference was it was formula made for reflux. (Not breastmilk.) Whew! No ill side effects and lesson learned from his school that parents need to label bottles with the child's entire name and not just initials.

No comments:

Blog Archive