Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

On occassion I've questioned how germs are passed so easily in daycares even if they are cleaning every surface and washing hands constantly...question answered yesterday when I picked Mr. Blake up. I walked in and Blake is sitting in a bouncy seat staring at the little girl who is several months older than him sitting in a Bumbo seat right next to him. She keeps taking a hold of Blake's feet and giggling as drool is spilling out of her mouth and a pile of this drool has encompassed Blake's foot. Cute? Yes. Gross? Definitely. So in case you are wondering, yes I did bathe my child last night and scrubbed his little feet thouroughly!
Blake is doing wonderfully and is growing like a weed. As of last week he's started holding things and loves to take his blankie or little stuffed bear and snuggle with it against his cheek and is extremely cute! The sad news in my world this week is I've run out of supply to nurse Blake, which I've been doing once in the evenings and one in the mornings. My little chunky monkey just needs more than I can provide him. I've enjoyed having the closeness and bonding time with him that only mommy could do, but I guess the good news for me is any middle of the night feedings can now be given to both daddy and mommy!! (sorry Brad!)
Blake has been sleeping through the night wonderfully, however I think I spoke of it too often and the last two nights he's woken at 3/4am. He's been a little fussier than normal and sucking on his hand a whole bunch so we'll see if its just a short lived phase or if there is early teething in our future....
Last weekend I had an adult evening with girlfriends while attending my friend's bachelorette party. I have to say, the bar scene just isn't nearly as fun as it used to be, but it was nice to get dressed up for the evening. That is why the pics below I look like I do!
Coming events....installing new flooring in our living room and master bedroom this weekend. Wish us luck!! 2 week countdown to beach vacation!!!
Blake & Daddy
Blake & Mommy
Blake Sleepin

No comments:

Blog Archive