Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Falling Apart

Do you ever feel like the sky is falling down on you? Yesterday I felt like I might crumble into a million pieces or break into a sobbing fit at any given moment. It was just one of those days. I would like to say I can normally deal pretty well with a lousy hand of cards that might have been dealt to me for a day, week, year, whatever…but yesterday not so much. Tuesday morning I received a call from my dad in tears, which is not a normal occurrence so you can imagine my panic. My mom had been admitted back into the hospital on Monday with what they thought was pneumonia. My dad was calling me to let me know that Tuesday during her dialysis she had a full blown seizure causing the doctors to have to call code blue and try to get her breathing on her own again. She was taken immediately to ICU. I spent the rest of the day at the hospital with my dad, being there for each other for support. I got through that day just fine. So why not yesterday? Maybe it just was all starting to sink in and it was just a bit all too much to take. The lack of sleep I’ve been getting didn’t help either. I went to leave my office after work yesterday to rush home to have a few minutes to decompress before mommy duties took over only to turn the car key and nothing happened…dead battery. What a perfect ending to my day. But you know what, it turns out that when I got home and in crawled Mr. Happy Pants, AKA Blake…he really did turn my frown upside down. I am beyond grateful for that little boy, beyond grateful for my wonderful hubby and beyond grateful for a new day with a better perspective on the world. Keep my mom in your prayers….

No comments:

Blog Archive