Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, March 2, 2009

Odie & Me

My beloved Odie dog...today I had to say goodbye to one of the best friends I've ever had. Odie was the smartest, sweetest, most loyal dog I have ever met. He gave me love every day of his too short life and will be missed more than words can say. It wasn't supposed to be his time yet, there was lots of years left to love each other and I hate that I won't have his snuggles or kisses or sweet presence in my life any longer.
My mind is racing of the memories we shared. Odie was such a large part of Brad and I's lives. Odie was our present to one another on our dating anniversary 6 1/2 years ago. He was there to welcome us back from our trip to Colorado where Brad and I got engaged the following month, he was there when we bought our home, when we got married, when we brought Blake home from the hospital...
Even in only the 10 months Blake knew Odie, Blake loved Odie so much. Odie could make Blake smile by doing nothing at all, Odie is the first thing that made Blake have a real belly laugh. I am sad that Blake won't come to truly know Odie.
Odie was running around fully of personality one day and couldn't walk the next. I know Odie is in a better place now, afterall, all dogs go to heaven, and he doesn't have to be scared or suffer any longer as he probably had the last few days. Brad and I both were able to hold him and love on him one last time today and even get a few Odie kisses before we had to say goodbye. It still doesn't seem real...a world without my Odie in it. But Odie will always be in Brad and I's hearts and memories. We love you sweet Odie and you will be missed more than I could ever say...
Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive