Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Coughs and Snuggles

The past week has been very busy and filled with fun times and illnesses. I'm so ready for this holiday break to hopefully decompress a bit and everyone get healthy and enjoy our time together. Brad's mom was able to stop through in town for a few days last week which was very nice and the boys certainly enjoyed getting some special time with Grandma. Friday night she watched both boys so Brad and I could go to a holiday party with friends. While it was hard to leave Brady, it was so much fun getting to hang out with our friends, which had been way too long. Monday night my parents came over to our house to watch the boys so Brad and I could go to the Stars hockey game with Brad's hockey team. We had SO much fun! My parents did a wonderful job with the boys even though I know it had to wear them out and Brad and I loved getting a night out. Unfortunately I think all the festivities were wearing me down and must have worn Brady down too! We both have been hit with a bit of crud. His cough sounded so scary by Tuesday morning and had a rattle in his chest so off to the doctor we went... His rsv test came back negative thank goodness...did not want to go down that road again. He was diagnosed with bronchiolitis, which is viral so no antibiotics. Just rest, suctioning a million times a day and a humidifer at night. Thankfully Brady has been still smiling and cooing away! And the silver lining of it all was Brady and I got a day just us at home yesterday snuggling. (and another one today!) Can't complain about that!
Here is a picture I snapped with my phone at the doctor yesterday. He had to have been thinking, "Who's that good lookin little guy that keeps lookin at me?!"
Photobucket

Unfortunately because of all the chaos and sickies our holiday cards are waaaaay behind on being mailed. You will get one after Christmas, but better late than never, right??


Blake has totally blown all of my expectations on how he would adapt to being a big brother right out of the water. He has not shown an ounce of jealousy and just adores Brady. I put Brady in his crib to watch his mobile (one of his favorite things) while I got his bath ready. Blake was asking to go in the crib with Brady so we let him and next thing we knew he was snuggling his baby brother. Just melts my heart every time he gives Brady hugs and kisses...
Photobucket
Photobucket

I feel so blessed having these two amazing little boys! The rest of the week we look forward to getting healthy, celebrating Christmas and our 6 year wedding anniversary!
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that last picture with Blake hugging Brady in the crib. How sweet can he be???? Your boys are too cute.

Blog Archive