Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, December 4, 2009

We Made It!

We all made it through my first week back into the working world...although I have to say barely. This has been a tough tough week for several reasons. The first obvious reason is leaving behind my little guy. The past 8 weeks at home with him have been wonderful and I've enjoyed almost every minute of it! I haven't spent longer than its taken me to shower away from Brady so spending an ENTIRE DAY away was a little rough for mommy. Brady? According to his teachers has done great this week. What has made the pain of separation bearable however is knowing he's at a great place with the same teachers Blake had when he was an infant. I love the ladies in his classroom and know they are taking the same great loving care of Brady as they did with Blake. AND I also have the great privilege to watch Blake and Brady in their classes all day via my computer. Don't think I could get through my days away from them both without getting to sneak peaks at them throughout the day.
Second reason why this week has been very tough is Sunday I woke up not feeling too hot. By Sunday evening my throat hurt so badly I couldn't even talk. Perfect timing huh? I didn't think my work would appreciate me calling in sick after being gone for 8 weeks. No fever so I've been sucking it up and carrying on. But with Brady not sleeping through the night yet, I have to say getting up at 6, leaving the house at 7, working all day, not getting home until 6, cooking dinner, taking care of the kiddos, getting organized for the next day and not being able to get into bed until 10:30 or 11, and on top of it being sick, this week has been HARDER than I could EVER IMAGINE! And the last reason this week has been hard and will continue to be a little rough probably through the weekend, is my dad was admitted into the hospital yesterday. Most likely it is nothing too terribly serious, just a horribly nasty virus that is obviously so bad he's in the hospital, but hopefully will run its course soon. I am worried about him and his health though and worry about my mom who depends so greatly on my dad to take care of her with all of her health woes. I will do what I can to help them though even after this crazy exhausting week, because after all that's what families do! I just hope Brady starts sleeping through the night soon, because this momma could use some rest!

No comments:

Blog Archive