Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, January 17, 2010

It could always be worse

That is what I keep reminding myself anyways. I am coming off the longest week in the history of time. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a hair, but it was one hell of a week. Friday Blake was starting to get life back in him and I had never been so grateful to see his smile again and didn't even mind the tornado going through my house. Translation...Blake running around the house pulling things out of cabinets and drawers and leaving the house a disaster. I didn't stop him though, it was just refreshing to see him with energy again. And besides after the long week, I had no energy to stop him. I couldn't blame him either, he hadn't stepped foot outside since we went to the doctor on Tuesday. I hadn't been out of the house since I went to work on Wednesday. We were both a bit stir crazy. I was beginning to see light at the end of a long tunnel though on Friday when the presence of his smile emerged and the vast energy only a toddler possesses was returning. This might just turn out to be a good weekend after all I thought. I tried my hardest to ignore the start of a cold I was beginning to feel. If I didn't think about it, it didn't exist, right? Well the universe had a different plan in mind for our family. That tunnel just got a whole heck of a lot longer... so long that I can't see even a glimmer of light. Friday night as we were finishing dinner, Brady started with a cough. A bad sounding cough. My heart sank. Friday night at around 1:30 am Brady threw up everything he had just eaten. And then was up the rest of the night coughing. It seems he has caught that wonderful (sarcasm much?) virus, RSV from his big brother. Ever since it has been throwing up after almost every feeding and non stop coughing. It seems Brady isn't able to sleep and stay asleep unless he's sleeping on me. He's actually sleeping on my lap as I write this. Wait, why aren't I asleep then? Brady's breathing is okay thus far thank goodness. Currently I'm most worried about dehydration due to his constant throwing up. And when I say throwing up, I mean this boy can throw up. Prayers please we see no hospital time with this little guy and that he gets better VERY soon. As if I weren't exhausted enough from our week with Blake, I have a nasty cold and am up non stop with Brady. I guess it could be worse though...I could have had two babies this sick at the same time or three if you count Brad.

1 comment:

Mark and Kristin said...

I am SO sorry. Hang in there. Hope Brady gets well soon...and you too.

Blog Archive