Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I think I deserve to have my woman card taken away...

I hate to shop. I am seriously not like most girls out there that live to shop. I would most of the time rather do almost anything else instead of shopping. I have to be in a certain mood to shop and even then I'm on a rather short time frame until I hit a wall and if I don't get out of the store at that very moment I'm likely to throw a temper tantrum. Okay, not to that extreme. But one time, while Brad and I were shopping, I had hit that wall. I was sitting on a chair in a department store with a look on my face that expressed just how strongly I did not want to be there while Brad shopped for shoes. A man said to me, "Isn't it supposed to be the other way around???" The other part that comes in to play of my hate for shopping is in order to shop, you have to spend money. I HATE spending money on myself. I'll spend money on others gladly, but when it comes to myself I become filled with guilt and it takes any enjoyment out of that new shirt completely away and is just not worth it. So, as you can imagine, due to this hatred of shopping, my closet is filled to the brim with old clothes. And when I say old, I mean old. Like I still have clothes in my closet from my junior high days. High school would be bad enough, but I swear there are a few pieces out there from junior high. And I may or may not wear them still. The only few pieces of new-ish clothes are from my mother-in-law taking me shopping or receiving gift cards to clothing stores for birthday or Chanukah from my loved ones. Every morning getting dressed is completely depressing. Brad would be a rich man if he had a nickel for every time he heard "I have nothing to wear!" So I decided it was high time to purge my closet and make an inventory of essential pieces needed for my wardrobe. Brad was able to entertain both boys this morning giving me the time to clean out the closet. It was such a wonderful feeling to see all those old icky clothes be put away into bags and my closet looking much more "clean". Here is a picture of all the clothes loaded up and all the extra hangers I now have!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

I even managed to put all of the clothes Brady has outgrown into a bag to send to my nephew who will make his entrance into the world in about 2 months. I did all of that, loaded the family up in the car to run an errand, eat lunch and get Blake down for his nap, all before 1:00. I LOVE productive days like this. It is such a high for me. Now, this afternoon when Blake wakes up from his nap, we'll hit the mall in an attempt to replenish my closet. Knowing me though, we'll leave with clothes for everyone in the family but me.

1 comment:

Mark and Kristin said...

Hope shopping went well. Pretty impressive that you can still fit into junior high clothes!!

Blog Archive