Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A little of this, a little of that...

I think someone needs to drop a Lysol bomb down on our house! I'm pretty sure since December, the boys have passed congestion and coughs back and forth to each other, with it occasionally being thrown Brad and I's direction as well. Blake got a bad case of it starting Saturday and with Blake its always extra bad since he throws up when he gets coughing fits. So not fun. We're very ready for everyone to be healthy in our house. I've also been spending lots of time stressing out about Brady's eating issues. He has not been eating as much as he should and with his weight already on the low side of where he should be, because of losing weight while he was so sick last month, I am extra worried. I'm documenting each feeding so I can keep track for the doctor and have an appointment to take him in on Thursday to make sure his weight is progressing as it should. Fingers crossed....
We enjoyed having our already long weekend (President's Day holiday) extended from the record snow here in Dallas on Friday. Blake stood in one spot on the driveway while Brad built a snowman :). As soon as I can get the pictures off Brad's phone, I'll post some of the daddy/son fun in the snow. Too cute.
I also have to share Blake's latest funny tale.... We have waffles on the weekends for breakfast and we always say what everything is to teach him more words and he's started saying waffles and says it very clearly, but syrup? Well that comes out s-h-i-t. Blake says "shit, shit shit!" We try our HARDEST not to laugh and say, "SYRUP, SYRUP, SYRUP!". I guess we won't be taking Blake to an IHOP anytime soon.
Through the sickies we all enjoyed spending our Valentines together as a family and Blake and Brady both made us the sweetest valentines at school. Totally made my day. AND Brad made me a manicure/pedicure appointment and sent me on my way while he watched the boys. Such a treat!
And to end the most random post ever, I got an amazing call from my mom today. After being denied onto the transplant list, one of her doctors wrote the committee a letter of appeal, and she got a call today that she's been added to the list! Oh happy day!

No comments:

Blog Archive