Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, March 4, 2010

CHICAGO

Saturday morning Brady and I, along with my mom, hopped on a plane to snowy Chicago to celebrate the arrival of my nephew. I say we hopped on a plane, but it wasn't all that easy. Getting through security there and back suuuuucked. Between my mom in a wheelchair and having to explain her insulin pump and one million medications to take out of her carry on to be inspected and me with Brady, a car seat, a stroller, medicine for Brady and bottles of formula I had to take out to be inspected, it was exhausting. However, I was totally okay with dealing with all of that stress, as long as Mr. Brady was a sweet little angel on the plane. My biggest fear was him screaming the whole way and everyone on the plane wanting to shoot me in the head. My prayers were answered in a huge way. Brady was AMAZING. He had won over everyone's hearts on the plane both ways. I have never gotten so many smiles and compliments from complete strangers in all my life! On the way there the flight attendants were also the most amazing women and completely ooo'd and aaah'd over Brady the entire trip. One of them held Brady for me while my mom and I were able to get settled into our seats and she kept him at the front of the plane to greet all the passengers while they boarded. How sweet is that?! They also kidnapped him at different times through the flight to give him tours of the plane. They were pretty smitten with Mr. Smiley Pants. (his new nick name now that he's feeling so much better).
We had a fabulous time in Chicago with my brother and his wife and her family. It was of course too short, but I am so beyond grateful we were able to go. My sister-in-law looks awesome and I loved getting to see her pregnant. Brady loved getting to meet his aunt and spend some quality time with his aunt and uncle. We can't wait to go back in a few months to meet their little guy! Here are some pictures of the beautiful shower...


Brady hanging out before the shower
Photobucket

Adorable (and YUMMY) Cake
Photobucket

Beautiful table settings with even a place card for Mr. Brady!
Photobucket

Printed menus on our place settings
Photobucket

Me and my handsome little man
Photobucket

My mom, me and bro
Photobucket

Playing a fun game (had to draw a picture of a baby on your head without getting to look - best picture won)
Photobucket

Adam & Marlene
Photobucket

Present for Adam from Marlene's mom
Photobucket

Aunt Marlene, Uncle Adam & Brady
Photobucket

Thanks Adam & Marlene for such a wonderful weekend! We absolutely can't wait to see you and meet your son very soon and look forward to Brad and Blake coming too!!

Brad and Blake had an AWESOME weekend at home and next post will be some pictures of their special weekend together.

No comments:

Blog Archive