Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Discovery

If any of you are reading this and have a little one who refuses eating veggies, I just may be on to something to change that. As soon as Blake was old enough to eat solids, he was the BEST eater, eating veggies like they were going out of style. Especially broccoli. Broccoli was his favorite food. Then as the months went by, my great eater did a 180. No veggies...at all. I have continued at almost every meal to serve him veggies so he knew he at least should be eating them. This no veggie eating was starting to really upset me because I want to make sure he is eating well balanced meals and getting proper nutrients in his diet. So this coming weekend I was going to purchase a cookbook Jerry Seinfeld's wife wrote that disguises vegetable purees in foods like chicken nuggets, spaghetti, you get the idea. I don't think I have to go that far anymore...
A few days ago I was trying to get Brady to eat some pureed carrots and Blake asked to try them. I gave him a spoonful, and then another, and another and another, until he had eaten an entire serving. I couldn't believe it! The next night he ate an entire serving of pureed sweet potatoes with his dinner and tonight an entire serving of pureed squash.
I think I may have just hit a home run with this finding! So, go ahead... try it with your picky eater and let me know how it works!

No comments:

Blog Archive