Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, June 14, 2010

What I Learned On My Summer Vacation

1.) A vacation with a 2 year old and an 8 month old really isn't a vacation
2.) My boys are great fliers.
3.) Flying first class is way better than coach. (Thanks to Florida Grandma & Grandpa!)
4.) Flying with two babies gives you more dirty looks than I could have in two lifetimes. (what happened to waiting to see how my children behave on the plane before issuing dirty looks!...see #2 people!)
5.) I could look at the ocean views all day long and never get bored.
6.) Packing a change of clothes for baby in carry on was a very good idea. What I learned was carrying a change of clothes for mommy might also be beneficial!
7.) I have learned how to get through security with a double stroller, two kids, a breathing machine, bottles, sippy cups that all have to be tested and a bag full of medicine quicker than some people get through with just themselves. Its an art form that I have mastered.
8.) An entire week with no work and 9 straight days of quality time with my boys, witnessing their amazingess, their laughter, playfullness... is the best thing ever.

Thank you to Brad's mom and stepdad for being our gracious hosts. I know Brad's mom ate up every second she got with the boys for a solid week as well. I didn't take many pictures at all, I know lame, but here are a few I snapped...

Brad's mom found this awesome playground just off the ocean, so we took Blake and he loved it. Why don't we have playgrounds like this here?




Have I mentioned I could stare at the Ocean all day? I think its so beautiful...

Thursday evening we went out to celebrate Brad's brother's good news... he found out earlier in the day he was accepted to the seminary program at University of Dallas. Yup, this Jewish gal is going to have a Priest as a brother-in-law! We are of course all so proud and happy for Tom and grateful we'll have him living nearby.
And on our last night in Florida we went out to eat at a yummy place on the water. There was a deck out back where you could feed these giant catfish. They scared me. Blake loved it though! Here is Mr. Blake with Brad and his other brother Orion.

No comments:

Blog Archive