Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mr. Personality

Blake is full of personality. Brad's brother said he is destined to be an actor because he is the biggest character he's ever seen. Blake is also stubborn. I knew Blake was stubborn before he was even born as I walked around 4 cm dilated for 3 weeks (too much info?) and then I pushed for 3 hours before forceps finally were used to pull him out (too much info again?). He probably didn't have a chance with two of the most stubborn people as parents. Well Blake's personality and stubbornness came shining through the other night and I am just kicking myself I didn't remember to take a picture to document the story. Blake has a ball pit and the other day was throwing all the balls out of the ball pit. Brad asked him to stop several times and Blake didn't, so Brad put the ball pit in the corner of the dining room behind the chair and told him he couldn't play with it anymore. Fast forward a few nights later and as we were clearing the table from dinner we hear Blake from the other room, "I miss ball pit, I miss ball pit." CUTE! So I get the ball pit out for him with strict instructions he can not throw the balls out. Blake being the precocious two year old he is didn't listen and the ball pit ended up getting taken away from him...again. This time Brad put the ball pit on top of the dining room table. A few minutes later Brad and I hear Blake from the dining room yelling, "Daddy, Daddy!" Brad quickly called me in to look at my son...he had climbed onto the dining room table and was sitting in the ball pit. I about fell over from laughing. Probably not the right message to send Blake, but I could not help myself. This kid is already outsmarting us at 2, I think we're in trouble!
And for what seems like the weekly Brady health update, Brady is scheduled for tubes on Tuesday. Praying everything goes well and this is just what we need to jump start Brady being healthy.

No comments:

Blog Archive