Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lump Answers

Today we met with the pediatric surgeon. I was nervous, anxious, hopeful, not hopeful, all at the same time. I asked Brad to come with us for support if I needed to get all demanding and stuff with the doctor. I showed the lump to the doctor and he knew the second he saw it what it was. I think I heard a choir sing in my head at that moment. Just hearing him say, "I know exactly what that is." was already a huge relief.
Diagnosis... Epigastric hernia. Right now it is small enough that he doesn't need to do surgery to repair. If the lump grows, starts to bruise or becomes tender, we will need to have surgery to correct, but for now, my worrying can stop about this little lump. But I mean, lets be honest, as moms do we ever stop worrying about our kids??

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So glad a diagnosis has been given and it's nothing to worry about. :) We will hope that it does not get larger or have any complications in the future!!!

Blog Archive