Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Great Loss

Brad's beloved father passed away late Sunday afternoon. His health had slowly been declining but went from meeting Brad for lunch on a Monday to going into ICU Friday where we learned he would have days, weeks or at the most months left to live. 8 days after learning this news he passed. It was all too sudden but the blessing of the situation is Brad and his brothers were able to spend the week with their father and had the time to let their dad know what he meant to them. Orion F. Jones III was the most influential person in not just Brad's life, but his two brother's as well. He was such a special man and close to my heart not only because he was so important to Brad but because he shaped Brad into the man he is today...the amazing husband he is to me and the amazing father he is to our boys. I am eternally grateful to him for that alone. Orion loved his three boys more than anything in this world and wanted nothing more to see them happy. He would do anything and did do anything for those three boys.
Orion was stronger in his Catholic faith than I have ever known anyone to be to their faith. Yet, he embraced me into the Jones family...a Jewish girl. From day one of Brad and I's relationship he included me in every family meal or outing and told me on more than one occasion that he was grateful for the love I gave his son, for making Brad the happiest he had known him, and knew I was meant for Brad. That meant so much to me and I will carry those words with me always.
The boys have had the hard task of going through their dad's home and have found so many amazing keepsakes and photos they either didn't know existed or thought had been lost through their parents divorce years ago. So many amazing things. So grateful to have them in our possession. Once we have the time to scan some photos I will post some pictures of his dad in his younger years....Brad's spitting image. So incredibly handsome!
Brad's dad was his rock in this world. It breaks my heart for the void his passing will bring Brad and his brothers as well. No matter the suffering someone may endure in their final days or the knowledge of that person being in a better place, we are never ready to let go of someone so near and dear to us. I pray the memories of his dad bring Brad smiles often and the love and support of family help get all of the Jones' through this hard time.

2 comments:

Me said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Your family will be in our prayers. Hugs!!!!

Kristen said...

Prayers have been ceaseless from our family for the Jones's. We continue to pray for God's comfort to cover Brad, OJ and Tom.

Blog Archive