Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gratitude

Our family is going through a hard time. Life has its flows of peaks and valleys...the good and the bad. Right now, is a trying time to say the least, and this week I've been at both ends of the spectrum. I go from having a really great perspective and feeling super strong, to minutes later being in tears and feel so weak. But I'm trying really hard to be strong for Brad right now. He needs me to be the strong one right now. Its hard, because he's always that person. He's always my rock and my light in the storm. This time, its my turn to be here for him. Love will get us through, this is what I know for sure. And in light of all of this, I'm trying to pause when I'm feeling weak and focus on the beautiful things I'm surrounded by. So these are the things I am grateful for this week...
My sweet, sweet Blake. I swear he goes from acting like a total three year old one minute, to acting like a sweet old man the next. The other night I was trying to rush around getting bath ready and bed time supplies in order when Blake called me, "Mama, mama, come here!" "You have to look at this sunset!" I mean, really? My three year old was taking the time to pause and look at the beautiful sunset. The sky was a beautiful shade of orange. Oh the lessons our kids teach us.
Today was a low day for me. Emotionally I have been all over the place. And then we went to the park, and the boys were tackling me in the grass and we rolled around wrestling and laughing. I love the sound of both my boys laughing together and sharing such precious moments together. I am grateful I am able to be at home with them to experience those moments. I am evidently allergic to the grass and broke out in hives, but I told Brad...it was completely worth it and I'd do it again.
I'm grateful to be surrounded by family....more specifically I am grateful Brad is surrounded by all his family this week. All the Jones boys are together, which is a rarity. Yes, its sad it has to be in a situation as this, but none the less, I love seeing Brad with his two brothers, and nephew too. All having each other for love and support. What a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Blog Archive