Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fun Friday

I guess the black cloud that had been over our house decided not to leave after all.  I woke up early Friday sick and I mean SICK.  Stomach bug sick.  Running fever sick.  Brad had to leave for a knee follow up appointment and then had to go into the office to work on a project that couldn't be done from home and then on to rehab.  He said if I absolutely needed him to let him know.  My kids are such rock stars, its not even funny.  Well, I did bribe them.  I said, mommy is VERY sick.  Please be good boys for me today and if you are daddy will reward you when you get home.  And they listened.  They played Wii together most of the entire day (no one even had to get stitches!) while I was either getting sick or laying in bed.  I managed to get up only a few times... to change a couple of Brady diapers and to throw chips on the table for their lunch.  Literally, that's what they ate for lunch.  It was all I could handle.  Mom of the year over here.  I couldn't even get up to put Brady down for a nap.  So, he just went with out.  I ended up calling Brad at some point and said if there is any way possible, please come home early.  By the time he made it home it was about five.  But the boys were such troopers.  My house wasn't too messy from their day of minimal supervision.  They had some food in their bellies.  They were happy and no one got hurt.  Victory!  Brad rewarded them by taking them to McDonald's to eat and play and so I could lay in silence.  What a friggin day.  But, at least I can say all of us are healthy at this exact minute.  Victory! 

No comments:

Blog Archive