Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunshine after rain...Eventually


Could this face be any sweeter?  This was taken just a few hours before, what we believe was food poisoning set in.  Because you know, we didn't have enough on our plate (my plate) and this boy could totally afford to throw up all.night.long. because he's not trying to gain weight or anything.  OR the exact opposite.  I felt so bad for Brady.  It was horrible.  I ended up just laying on the floor of his room all night so any time I heard him whimper I could run him to the bathroom on time.  At least, my prayers were answered and by Friday morning he was at least able to hold down water and then shortly after hold down food. Although, the last few days he's barely eaten anything.  Not sure if its because his stomach still feels upset or if he's just scared to eat again (don't blame him).  But whatever it is, I'm going to admit....I'm kind of, how should I put it....FREAKING OUT.  So much time and effort to get this boy on the charts with his weight and I so desperately want him to stay there.  I know, I have to just weather the storm that we're in and remember to have faith, breathe (and sleep when possible).  
Shortly before Brad's dad passed away he made Brad a mixed tape.  I'm sorry, not a mixed tape, but a mixed CD?  That just sounds weird.  But, he made him a CD of songs that he loved and that were special to him and that he felt Brad would love to.  What a neat gift.  Especially now that he's no longer with us.  But, my point with this story is, there is a song on there that really speaks to me when I'm going through a period that I'm desperately seeking to find the light at the end of the tunnel.  It's a Dire Straights song and the main chorus goes, 
Why worry?
There should be laughter after pain
There should be sunshine after rain
These things have always been the same
So why worry now?
Kind of just a poetic way of saying, this too shall pass.  And the last few days this song has been on repeat.  Just FYI.  
And to end my ramblings, I have to give a shout out to our friends Kim and Tanner.  Kim knew with everything going on the last few weeks that I was so needing a break of my wife and mom duties in the kitchen and could really use some adult company as well (and wine) and they came over Friday night with dinner for all of us, lots of wine, fun, and oh yeah, they brought their sweetest ever corgi puppy that I swear could be Odie's baby.  If he was still alive.  And hadn't been fixed.  It was just what our little family needed and I'm so so so grateful for good friends like them.  

No comments:

Blog Archive