Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

H-E- double hockey sticks...

That's what I feel like I am living at the moment. When the doctor said things would probably get worse before they got better, I thought I understood, but I wasn't expecting this. Last night was rough. I am over this illness and over watching poor little monkey suffer. And to make things all the more fun I am now sick with a cold. Good times.
The one good thing is that Blake can now take his breathing treatment without screaming his head off. Hooray for Wiggles. Without them, I may have broken down having to listen to Blake scream his little head off every 4 hours. If you are reading this and have little ones you know the love for the Wiggles, if you are going to have kids, invest in the Wiggles. Wiggles are my friends. Here is a pic of Blake's first breathing treatment he got at home. Tried to give it to him while he was still asleep in his car seat, thinking he might sleep through it...not so lucky...

Photobucket

Brad and I have been trying to split the time at home with Blake so neither of us would get fired for missing work for an entire week. Brad drew the straw for staying home with Blake all day yesterday. Things were going well for the two of them until I received a frantic call that Blake's fever had gone up and he had just thrown up like a scene out of the Exorcist. Since it was towards the end of the day, I wrapped up a few things and headed home. Blake was napping. When he woke up at 5:30 he was screaming his head off, barely would open his eyes and was BURNING up. Took his temperature and it was 103. I instructed Brad to call the doctor while I supplied him with another dose of Tylenol and gave him a bottle of Pedialyte. The doctor told Brad I was doing all the right things and to call back if his fever didn't go down. It started to gradually decline so Blake went to sleep for the night a few hours later. We were woken loudly by a screaming baby at 11:30. Blake's temperature was a blazing 103.6, gave him Tylenol and a second later he repeated his scene out of the Exorcist, you know since I didn't get to see it earlier. He would not take a bottle or Pedialyte and would not stop screaming. Back on the phone with doctor. Just as I told Blake we were going to the ER, he started to calm down (he did not want to step foot in a hospital!) and took a bottle of Pedialyte. Back to bed by 1am, set an alarm to be woken up at 3:30 to give Blake another dose of Tylenol and then back up at 5:30 to get ready for work. Thankfully I work for such an understanding group of people who instructed me to go home early so I could feel better and so I could be home to take care of my boy. Home is where I am now...Blake is napping and I just pray the worst is behind us.

No comments:

Blog Archive