Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings

I should start off by apologizing for this post and that it sadly does not contain photos of Blake's first Thanksgiving. I might win the worst mother award for taking aboslutely zero pictures during the entire Thanksgiving holiday, but was so preoccupied with all our company I never even thought about it. Hopefully I can get a few photos from our family that was in town (*hint hint*) and will post if I do.
This past week I've done a lot of reflecting, spent a lot of time with family and yes eaten a lot of food. Brad's mom, stepdad and both brothers were all in town during the week of Thanksgiving. We weren't expecting to have all the Jones boys together, but due to a tragic loss we were all brought together. While it was definitely not the circumstances we would ever want, it was a blessing we could all be together, and both of Brad's brothers were able to meet Mr. Blake for the first time. Last week was a huge reminder life can be all too short and to cherish every day, tell the ones you love how much you love them every day, and never take what you have in your life for granted. This Thanksgiving I was thankful for the miracle that is Blake, being able to be his mom, I am thankful for the most amazing husband and father to Blake, the love that we share for one another, I am thankful for all our family, who not only fillls my life with love but Blake's as well.

No comments:

Blog Archive