Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Seriously?

Well things definitely got worse before they got better. Almost hospitalization, breathing treatments every 2 hours through the weekend, no sleep, sick mommy and sick daddy, no sleep. That is how the rest of my week/weekend went. I am drained, exhausted, whipped, etc etc.
Blake finally turned the corner at the end of the weekend and received a good report from the doctor Monday morning, with her blessing for him to return to school. I returned to work after missing quite a bit last week. I thought I was on my way to putting back in some solid time in the office only for today to happen. We were hit with a winter storm, with an icy mess on the roads, especially in our neck of the woods. I decided against my better judgement to make the trek into work this morning and after a mere 2 hours on the road I arrived. As soon as I pulled into my parking spot, I got a call from Brad that Blake's school was closed due to weather. Seriously?? Can I NOT catch a break? So I worked for 2 1/2 hours and made the drive back home to relieve Brad. I think I need a drink. Better yet, I think I need a vacation.

No comments:

Blog Archive