Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy <3 Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! While I know some of you out there are pretty skeptical of this Hallmark holiday, I think its fun to have an execuse to shower your loved ones with extra bits of love for the day, make them feel even more special to you. However you choose to spend the day, I hope at least you are spending it with the ones you love. So how are we spending this Valentine's Day you ask? My brother and sis-in-law came in town last night from Chicago to spend the weekend here. My mom even cried enough to her doctors that they are giving her a 4 hour pass to come home and spend time with the entire family. What an amazing treat! All of us kids (well not Blake) are going to cook dinner as its been months since either of my parents have had a home cooked meal. Then Aunt M & Uncle A and Grandpa are letting Blake spend the night so Brad and I can have the night off. What a wonderful day and night this should be! And since holidays (yes even Valentine's Day) are about traditions I thought I'd kick Blake's first Hearts Day off with a tradition of writing him a love letter of sorts every year. So here it is....

Dear Blake,
Happy Valentines Day! 9 months ago you made your entrance into the world and my world forever changed. My love for you started the moment I found out I was pregnant with you and has continued to grow with each passing day since you've been born. You are such a happy baby and bring endless joy into your da-da and I's lives. I always knew I wanted to be a mom but I never dreamed it would be as wonderful as it has been to be your mom. Every day you seem to change, growing and growing and always learning something new. Its amazing to be witness to this. You are such a smart baby and are always studying everything around you, taking everything in, it seems that you are storing it away for future knowledge. Your heart, I can tell, is already so big and caring for all those around you. I am so proud to be your mom. I am so proud of the boy you are becoming and I promise to cherish every moment as you continue to grow. My love for you is endless and overflowing. My wish is for you to always feel that love and know how special you are.
xoxoxo,
Mama

No comments:

Blog Archive