Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First Steps

Blake took his first steps today and *sniff sniff* I didn't even get to see. If there was ever a dagger to put in my heart with the pain of being a working mom, it was this. I picked up Blake from school half ready to hear about his latest stripping escapades only to hear much bigger news. His teacher asked if Blake was walking on his own at all at home. I said no, but close. She then asked if he did at school if I'd want to know about it. "Yessss, why????" was my reply. That's when she proceeded to tell me Blake had taken 3 steps all on his own today. Yes, by most standards 3 steps is not much, but these are his first steps he has EVER taken on his own. My little baby no more. He's going to be walking in no time and I just hope I'm there to see it.

No comments:

Blog Archive