Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Blake's First Hair Cut

I NEVER thought I'd be that mom that didn't want to cut her baby's hair. The mom that lets her son start looking like a girl due to sentimental reasons that she can't bare to snip her little one's hair for the first time. Well surprise surprise, I was becoming that mom. I wasn't proud of it, but I think I was trying to hold onto as much baby of Blake as I could as he's just growing up entirely too fast! But with his hair getting more and more shaggy I slowly was convincing myself it was time to let go. So I started talking about it a lot to convince myself it was the thing to do and set a date so I was commited to taking him.
So after Blake's nap on Saturday we loaded up and headed to the barber where Grandma & Grandpa were waiting for us to be witness to Blake's big first. Here is a pic of shaggy hair Blake before leaving the house...**picture warning** You'll notice in the pictures below Blake had a fight with the corner of the wall Friday night...wall won. Huge black and blue bump on his forehead. Poor guy, but he's a big tough boy.
Photobucket
I was a little worried that Blake would freak out at scissors coming towards him and half his head of hair would get cut and then we'd have to bail, but our little monkey was so good. Not one tear, yell or peep. And on top of that not a tear from mommy either! Now Grandma on the other hand....
He got to sit in a little yellow race car and watch the Wiggles. The Wiggles seriously make everything okay in Blake's life! Plus the woman who cut his hair was great, working quickly but still doing a good job and talking to Blake and telling him what a good boy he was the entire time. Here is Blake before the cutting began...
Photobucket
Here is Blake with a look like whaaat is going on???
Photobucket
And here is Blake all done, what a big handsome boy!!
Photobucket
If you notice from the pictures he did not let go of the steering wheel on his little yellow car the entire time. Too cute...
And here he is in Grandpa's arms no idea why all of us are making such a fuss over what a big handsome boy he was now!
Photobucket

Saturday night was a big night for both Blake and Brad and I. Blake hasn't had an overnight stay at Grandma & Grandpa's in a very long time due to my mom's health, but my parents graciously agreed to keep Blake Saturday night so Brad and I could have a date night to celebrate his birthday. We really enjoyed having a night just the two of us which we haven't had in FOREVER. Here is a picture of the two of us a little dolled up...
Photobucket
Thanks Grandma & Grandpa for watching monkey and letting us have a night out. Blake had so much fun he's taking a very good nap from being completely worn out!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE his haircut!!! He looks SO handsome and I am impressed on how brave he was!!!

Me said...

Yay!! Cool Cuts for Kids is the GREATEST!!! Glad his first haircut experience went well! You look fantastic!! :o)

Blog Archive