Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, July 13, 2009

Catching Up

I spent so much time blogging about our amazing European vacation that I think I needed a little break from the blogging world. We've had a great few weeks with a little bit of awfulness thrown in the mix. Our 4th holiday was a perfect day of spending time on the lake with Mr. Blake and friends and then grilling out and watching fireworks at Grandma & Grandpa's. Last week was a little less perfect as I was hit by another car on the Tollway on my way to get Blake. Of course the driver did not accept fault either, so my word against her word equals I get screwed. My positive ray of sunshine husband (and not being facetious) keeps reminding me that one, the damage could have been much worse and two, the most important thing is me and baby were both unharmed. I was also reminded what a wonderful hubby I have when he volunteered to deal with the insurance company and coordinate repair for the car because he didn't want me stressing over it and getting more upset than I already was since I am pregnant. Very sweet and so incredibly appreciated by me, who yes, was already very upset and emotional over the whole ordeal. This past weekend we finally had our second attempt on Blake's professional photo shoot, since the last one he melted down at. Blake did GREAT at the shoot and had pictures snapped of him for about an hour straight! I can't wait to see how they turned out and of course will be posting the link of the photo shoot as soon as they're ready. After the photo session Brad went to our friends' lake house for a guys weekend so it was just Blake and Mommy the rest of the weekend. We sure missed daddy a lot but had some good mommy/son bonding time.
Other than wanting the 100+ Texas heat to die, I'm feeling great with my pregnancy and trying to enjoy every minute of it as its going by incredibly fast. I have less than 3 months left now until this baby is due and I know that time is going to fly by. As soon as we can find a much needed home for our guest bed, we will start the conversion process of guest room to nursery. Bedding is purchased, crib will be purchased by end of week so we are on our way but have lots of work to go. We were already done with the nursery at this point in my pregnancy with Blake and we haven't even started with this one. The Jones's need to bust a move!
I haven't snapped any photos since the 800+ photos we took on our trip, so my dad was nice enough to share this pic of Blake he took this past weekend on the way to dinner. He's growing like a weed and becoming more and more a big boy every day!
Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive