Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

ONE MONTH

Monday Brady turned one month! I can't believe a month has already gone by since my little guy was born. I am trying to soak up every second I'm spending with Brady and enjoying each day during this new baby phase as much as I can. To copy someone else's saying, most likely Brady is our "grand finale" with having kids, so I really want to treasure these baby moments to the fullest since I won't be going through this again. In a way it makes me sad, but at the same time I couldn't feel more blessed having two healthy little boys and I look forward to getting to watch my boys grow and all the wonderful times Brad and I have in our future with our kiddos. Monday also marked the first full day at home that it was just Brady and I. Brad was home the first two weeks and Brad's mom stayed with us for the last three weeks, leaving Sunday. (Thanks Grandma times a million for everything!!!) I wasn't sure how our day would go though without having an extra set of hands to rely on to watch Brady while I was able to get things done, but I had such a productive day! With having now two kids under the age of two and with me returning to work in a month, I really have got to be organized with our household. One of those household tasks is dinner. In the past most nights its "what do you feel like for dinner?" and the other "I don't know, what do you feel like?" and then finally deciding on something to make last second. I will not have that luxury once I return to work to figure something out last minute and so I decided to start one of our new organized systems....meal planning for the week. Brady was kind enough to let me figure out our meals for the week, make a grocery list and go on our first outing just the two of us, to the grocery store. Here is Mr. Brady all ready to head to the market...
Photobucket
Brady was also nice enough to let me make dinner! I felt like such a perfect housewife, taking care of the baby and having dinner on the table when my man walked in the door, haha. I'm hoping over the next month I can continue to keep up this new organized habit so it will be easy to continue when I go back to work. I think our plan, for now anyways, is for Brad to pick up the kids each day from school so I can head home after work and have dinner ready when the boys get home.
Brady has been doing great minus the reflux issue. He's growing and getting bigger though so I feel like I'm doing things right. We received a prescription for his reflux and it has definitely helped although he does still struggle a bit at times. Hopefully with time, it will just continue to get better. His eyes are becoming more blue, so will be exciting to see if they stay blue or end up changing. I never thought I'd have a child with blue eyes, let alone, two children with blue eyes! Brady's brown hair is also falling out more and more leaving a bald spot on top. My guess is when his hair grows back in it will be lighter like his brother's, but will be exciting to see as well! When I look at pictures of Blake this age, Brady looks like his twin.
I'm hoping to take some good pictures over the weekend of both Brady and Blake with Brad's help, but for now here is a picture of Brady after his bath yesterday...
Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive