Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, January 27, 2011

At Peace (kind of)

So I've been carrying around this huge weight on my shoulders... do I stay or do I go?? Do I quit my job and join the ranks as a stay at home mom to make sure I'm doing all I can for Brady's health OR do I stay at my job, risk my sweet baby's health to prevent a financial strain on our family, allow Blake to stay at the school he loves with his friends and keep being a working mom, the only type of mom I've known how to be. It may sound like an easy decision but please don't judge. My stomach has been in knots over it, I've shed many tears over it, I've lost sleep over it. Its been probably the only thing I've talked to Brad about the last few weeks. One day I felt one way, the next the other. It was a decision I couldn't take back after making and I didn't want to choose wrong, if that's possible. I just wanted a sign, a clear sign of what to do. I got that sign on Monday at work, came home, talked to Brad and by the end of the night we had made the decision I would leave my job. I immediately felt at peace with my decision. Immediately felt all the stress melt away. I felt happy, excited, focusing on the positives staying at home with my boys will bring our family.
My boss was out of town, so I gave my official notice this morning. Is it ironic though that the same day I give my notice at my job I get a call in the afternoon that Brady is running a fever and needs to be picked up? Just further reassurance I have made the right decision. Brady has a horrible cough. Horrible diarrhea. And his fever was 101.7 when I gave him Motrin and it started to come down. He is miserable. And of course now I'm wondering what the heck took me so long to make my decision and feel oh so guilty.
I pray this little doodle bug can fight this bug quickly, no hospital visits please, and doesn't lose too much weight. This poor little boy just can't take that. Neither can his mommy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can't give your family more than your whole heart. Stay strong, I pray that God will see you through.

Blog Archive