Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fun for Children of ALL Ages

I still remember when I went to the circus for the first and I think only time in my life, as a four year old girl in Virginia Beach. I remember the rush of excitement and being in total awe and thinking just how awesome the performances were. Twenty six years later I felt the exact.same.way. We took the boys to the "Greatest Show on Earth"...Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus! They loved it too...especially Blake. I love that being a parent of little ones allows you to be a kid yourself every now and then too. We had SO much fun as a family today. I think its so special and extraordinary to create happy memories with our boys together. I can't wait to go back again!

If you get to the circus early, you can go down on the floor level and see some of the performers up close and they had one of the elephants, Kelly Ann, painting a picture. She used her trunk to hold the brush. Incredible.
I loved the elephants. If you ask Blake what his favorite part was, he'll say the elephants too.
The elephant below is holding a dog in a basket!

And of course there were tigers!
The tiger tamer (is that what you call him?) going in for a kiss with the tiger...
And of course lots of cool acrobats and cool tricks. Every time one would do a great one, Blake would clap and cheer and say hip hip hooray! So cute. Loved spending this time with him!
Blake soaking it all in...

The "greatest show on earth" did not disappoint! Can't wait to go back again next year!

No comments:

Blog Archive