Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

RESULTS

I’m going to let you in on a little secret. I’m not a patient person. Although, you probably already knew that. So, I waited a grand total of three weeks for Brady’s test results. And waiting does not make me be the best person I can be. We met with the pulmonologist this morning and my awesome dad went with us to the appointment so I could have another set of ears and person to ask questions that I may forget to ask. My dad, after all, is rather experienced in the medical world. I think he might be able to have a medical degree at this point. The results were not normal, but they also weren’t off the charts in a bad way. There is still nothing that points to the cause behind Brady’s lack of weight gain, which is FRUSTRATING. (That was me yelling by the way) I’m very anxious for Brady’s appointment with the gastro in about a week to get his thoughts on the matter. But back to these results. I was kind of hopeful Brady’s immunity that was deficient last year was back in a normal range since he’s had such a healthy summer. NOPE. He was the exact.same.level. So, he’ll continue on his course of preventative antibiotic. I guess that just shows how needed Brady being out of a daycare setting was and how healthy one can stay when not around sick kids and being diligent about hand washing when out and about! Oh and it helps when its summer and there are way less bugs going around. He was also tested against his immunity against the different strains of pneumonia since he’s now old enough he could receive a vaccine if necessary. He only has immunities against five of fourteen. Not good. So, he got the vaccine this morning. The catch? It may not work. He’ll have his blood retested in six weeks. The goal is to have his immunity go up to fight against 10/11 out of 14. But, there is a chance he’ll just stay at the low immunity level. Both of those pieces of news have me scared big time for the cold/flu season. Here is my worrying coming up again…but his weight, not good. If Brady gets a major bug it will cause his weight to drop instead of gain. Can I put him in a bubble? Dreading this coming time of year, I’ll be honest. But I also know, one can not live their life in fear. We can try to prevent bugs as much as possible, but after that it is not in our hands. And I have got to learn to let go. That is my new year’s resolution. What, not that time of year yet?

The other part of abnormal test results was Brady is deficient in Vitamin D. We asked if this could be due to his lack of milk drinking, but apparently, no. It’s mainly caused by not enough sun exposure without sunscreen on. Which I felt that I had been good about doing, but apparently not. So, another medicine regimen (or supplement rather) to add to his daily routine. UGH. He’ll be retested for this as well in six weeks. There was another few things that showed to be abnormal but the doctor is not going to show concern over them unless they are still abnormal on the next blood draw. Not going to even mention that unless I need to. See me not worrying about something unless I need to? I’m growing! Now, let’s pray I can literally get Brady to do the same.

No comments:

Blog Archive