Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Snuggles

(Sweet Brady snuggling me on the couch)

Is there anything sweeter than baby snuggles? I love and miss the feeling of having my little bitty babies sleeping on my chest or snuggled up in my arms. I now have an almost two year old (EEEK) and an almost three and a half year old. Obviously beyond the newborn snuggle stage. Blake never wants to snuggle unless he's sick. (Although, he is giving out more and more hugs these days.) But I do have one snuggler. Mr. Brady man. I just wanted to remember this stage and what one of my favorite times of day is...just after nap time. Our daily ritual when Brady wakes up from his nap is we sit on the couch and snuggle, allowing him to fully wake up. Some days it is only a few minutes and other days it could be a good half hour. I lay on the couch with my little sweet guy snuggled up against me and try to resist squeezing him and giving him too many kisses. I fully realize our current little ritual will be gone all too fast and I try to soak up every moment of it.

An aside from the snuggles: I still have no test results for this snuggling boy. I went a whole week without giving it too much thought or worry. And then the one week mark went by and the anxious feelings and 'what if' thoughts started creeping up in my head. Brady has been just pure joy this past week. He started this thing where he hops all around the house or the park just giggling the entire time. He'll grab a ball and throw it up in the air and then fall on his bottom and just laugh and laugh with a smile a mile long on his face. SO CUTE. As Brad said, he just has such ZEST for LIFE. And on day 10 of waiting for the results, the images of this happiest boy in the world started making my heart ache and then the tears came. Those stupid, no good serving, what if thoughts came creeping up... What if something ever took away his zest. What if... I had a loooong crying talk with my super awesome main squeeze a few nights back and of course his positivity and supportive nature came blaring through and lifted me back up. And I buried those thoughts way down. And a call into the nurse the next day to inquire, test results?? One of the things they are testing can take awhile, may be another entire week. (information I could have used a week ago) I know there is no sense of worrying unless there is something to worry about. So I'm reminding myself to focus on the snuggles, the wonderful snuggles, and the amazing smiles and giggles of my two awesome boys.

No comments:

Blog Archive