Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

L-O-V-E



This picture was taken valentines weekend back in 2000.  The very first Valentines Brad and I shared together.  I was away at school in Kansas and he surprised me by leaving Dallas when he got off work (late) and drove the stretch down 35 and surprised me showing up at my dorm in the middle of the night.  I of course had been sad that we were apart on Valentine's, but my love then, and now, never ceases to amaze me and fill my days with surprises and love always.  I look at this picture, two such young versions of ourselves and so madly in love.  We have changed and grown so much since then, including our love for each other.  Each year we are surprised how we are able to love each other more than the last.  Of course, not every day is sunshine and roses, but we always work at our relationship because there is no one else we'd rather spend our days, our lives with.  I love that those two kids in that picture are still so madly in love.  Every night at bed time after stories and its time to be tucked in, before Brady goes in his room, Blake insists on us all having one big group hug.  I love that our boys are in a home filled with so much love. I think that is the best Valentine's Day gift we could give each other really.  Although chocolates and flowers are pretty nice too!

No comments:

Blog Archive