Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, February 27, 2012

Let's Play Restaurant

Sunday morning I was leaning over the kitchen counter, enjoying my cup of coffee while watching HGTV on the small under counter t.v., trying to fully wake up so I could engage my children.  In this house coffee is a MUST.  I was completely oblivious to the scatter of the kids' feet going back and forth behind me and their conversations between one another.  And then Blake said, "Momma, we made you tacos!!"  And Brady chimed in, "Tac tac!!!" (that's how he says tacos.)  I turned around and they had managed to carry in two of their chairs and put them at a "table" (their step stool in the kitchen) and asked me to sit down at the table to enjoy the meal they had prepared me.  I died right then and there from the ridiculous cuteness.  Oh, the smiles on their faces.  That memory is forever imprinted with me.  The boys were beaming with pride.  Who needs coffee when you wake up to that?? 

No comments:

Blog Archive