Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, February 17, 2012

Worst Childrens Book Ever?!

Blake loves Curious George.  I recently found one from my collection of books when I was little and Blake was so excited to read it at story time.  I quickly realized we had made a terrible mistake.  Seriously, this book is awful.  So awful in fact, that it is what I'm attributing to giving Blake nightmares two of the last three nights.  I took screen shots of the worst pages.  I mean you have to see it to believe it.  George is living in the jungle and the Man with the Yellow Hat finds him while he's on a trip and kidnaps him to sell to the zoo.  NO JOKE.  This is the page that scared Blake so much.  Look at this picture of George being trapped in a bag.  The look on George's face alone!

And another great lesson to teach your children is when George stayed at the Man with the Yellow Hat's house before being sold to the zoo, he "enjoyed a nice pipe."
 George accidentally dialed the fire station and when they realized there was no actual fire when they showed up, hauled George off to jail. Picture below is him sitting in his jail cell.  Awesome.
They just don't make books like they used to.  (And I'm okay with that!)

No comments:

Blog Archive