Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Remodeling

June will mark nine years we have lived in our house.  Sounds crazy, because have I really been an adult that long?!  Geez.  Anyways, when we first bought our house, we figured we'd be here five years and then move on.  But life always has other plans, and for various reasons, nine years later, here we are.  We didn't really want to throw money in on home improvement projects since we weren't going to be here long enough to justify.  I finally grew tired of that excuse, because we're obviously not moving any time in the immediate future (I think), so I decided to earmark some extra funds that came our way to start making our house a home that I love living in.  I was pretty shocked when Brad said okay without even batting an eye.  I don't think he realized I'd move so quickly!  Right now the focus is on the kitchen.  This week we had counter tops and backsplash put in.  Next step is I will be painting our cabinets white.  There are a ton of projects big and small on the list to be done, all of which Brad and I will be tackling ourselves.  I'm excited.  So, while we still have a lot left to do, here is a quick peek at PHASE 1 of the kitchen face lift.

BEFORE PIC:
 
AFTER:

2 comments:

Mark and Kristin said...

Oh my gosh what a huge difference!!!!!! Looks great!!! So excited for you. We have to start that process too, but I don't move as fast as you!!

D and B England said...

Wow! That looks so good!

Blog Archive