Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, March 12, 2012

Scooting

My Uncle came in town a few weeks ago and packed with him his Razor scooter for Blake.  Yes, my hip New Yorker uncle can be seen scooting around the big city.  He upgraded to a new scooter and wanted to give his old trusty companion a new home.  But of course he didn't want Brady to be left out so when he got in town, bought Brady a Cars scooter.  My parents completed the gift with helmets for the boys.  Seriously, the boys were CRAZY excited.  Brady even insisted on sleeping with his helmet in his bed for the first week he had it because he was so obsessed.  And he wanted to put on the helmet as soon as he woke up. It was pretty darn cute.  The boys were a little wobbly at first.  And I didn't know if the gift would really take off with the boys, but pretty soon they had the hang of it and are both really good.  Especially my little peanut Brady.  I mean, he flies on that thing! He needs no assistance and can make it around the block completely on his own, often times with me yelling, "Wait for me!!" It kind of makes me cry when I watch him on it, totally being a big boy, with no shred of baby in sight.  But it also makes me full of pride.  Looking at my baby boy, becoming such a big, grown up boy.  Brady may be small, but he sure doesn't ever let that stop him from doing what he wants and that is a life lesson I hope he will always carry with him.  

No comments:

Blog Archive