Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lately

Brad has not been having a great recovery.  In turn, its been a lot on me as well.  I might have even totally had a breaking point today when I was trying to do one thousand things at once and as I was trying to get glasses unloaded from the dishwasher to move on to the next to do, I dropped one on the counter and glass went EVERYWHERE.  I in turn started sobbing.  Yeah, not my finest hour.  My mom was admitted into the hospital today as well.  So, it just seems like the sky is pouring rain.  BUT, I've since taken lots of deep breaths, maybe had a glass of wine (or two..ish) at dinner and the afternoon has gone much, much, much better.  "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."
The last couple of nights, one thing that has really helped is taking the boys and Darcy on a long walk after dinner.  We all have loved getting out of the house and its been a time that the boys are on their best behavior and listening and the stress level is just at zero.  And I relish in it.  Plus the evenings have been beautiful weather.  So rare for this time of year and I love it.  I've snapped some pics with my phone to document our evenings out. 


The boys are collecting some nuts to take back as a present to their daddy.  He was sooo appreciative! :)





Brady loves to hold Darcy's leash.  He gets to proud of himself.  So cute.

And finally, I just had to snap a picture of Blake holding my hand.  The kid of mine that is usually so independent insisted on holding my hand the whole way back to the house.  Sometimes he frustrates me so much and then its moments like this, that make me want to keep him like this forever.

No comments:

Blog Archive